Tuesday, May 10, 2011

47 YEAR OLD AND A BIKE



Breathing








I was having problems with my ears aching long after riding.  I thought it was the sound of the wind rushing by.  Then I remembered from high school weight lifting, "breath in through your nose, and out through your mouth."  I started doing that and no more problems with the ears.  

The lousy weather has been keeping me from riding.  But this week I've got some promising days, or at the very least brief periods of rain.  I'm back in the saddle again and loving it.  After I build up some stamina, I'm planning on adding some exercises for my upper body.  I was thinking of swimming.  

Any ideas for upper body exercise would be appreciated.   I only ask that it not merely be "weight training".  I'll likely add some of that eventually, but honestly its so boring.  What I want are some more fun ways of exercising, so it keeps my interest.  I can't simply jog, or walk, or lift weights.  I'd be bored to tears.  I've always loved bike riding, so it was kind of a no brainer, once I  gave it thought.  

So let me in on the fun exercise low down; gimme the skinny on interesting way to work the old bod; slip me the 411 on some radical work'em outs...

Lonnie 

No comments: