Wednesday, July 13, 2011

THEORETICAL CHRISTIANITY ISN'T CHRISTIAN! Part 2 A

The Moses Principles:


A) God Has And Is All The Answers

B) Why God Condemns Ignorance

C) Obedience Gives Us Eyes To See God, 
And Fills Us With An Indefatigable 
Desire For More Of God


 

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
~ 2 Corinthians 4:7



A) God Has And Is All The Answers




For most of 20 years I've asked Christian why the Church doesn't reach out to those who struggle with sexual brokenness in our midst.  The answer I always get is, "We don't know what to do."   I've stopped asking because all it does is bring God's judgment upon their heads.  I admit that used to give me a smile of satisfaction, but now my past behavior appalls me.  As I said in the last post, "An Obedient One can never become the accuser of the brethren for that is satanic.  Still whenever Christians claim ignorance as an excuse for not following Christ's commands know that it brings the judgment of
God.  How can God judge any Christian for ignorance?  If God judges us for what we do not know isn't his judgment unfair??

God's judgment isn't unfair, and a Christian who proclaims ignorance deserves God's judgment.  Don't believe me, well sorry, the Bible has the story:

In Exodus 3 we find the story of Moses and the burning bush.  God calls to Moses and commissions him to go to Pharaoh and demand the release of the Hebrew slaves.  The call of Moses begins in Exodus chapter 3 and ends at chapter 4:17.   What is important to remember is there are two accounts of Moses' story.  The other account is found in Acts 7:17-36, as part of what is commonly called, "Stephan's Defense". 
  
First look at God's call of Moses:

 7 The LORD said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians..." "9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”
~ Exodus 3:7-10

{I have edited out the end of verse 8, and all bold script is my addition}

If you look at the two verses I've made bold it appears that God is making contradictory statements.  First God says, "I have come down to rescue them (the Hebrew slaves) from the hand of the Egyptians."  Then God says in verse 10 "So now, go.  I am sending you to Pharaoh..."   Hold the phone...God first says, "I have come down to rescue, and then he says to Moses, "...now go..."  What up with that???  Is God a little kornfused?; a little schizophrenic perhaps??   Is God going or is Moses going?
  
When God calls us to go, it is for us to go with him.  We become the conduit for God's work to those he chooses.  So God has come down to rescue, and Moses is God's chosen vessel for the work.  

  "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us."
~ 2 Corinthians 4:7

10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
~ Ephesians 2:10

"...and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice."
~ John 10:3-4


God always leads the way.  The only time a shepherd would drive the sheep was if he was leading them to slaughter.  God has come down himself, is going out ahead of Moses, and when he tells Moses to go he knows he'll arrive first.  So when God calls us to obey him, he's already got all the prep work done, and when we go it is to meet God there.  The work of the believer is to simply go.
  
Three times Moses raises objections about God calling him to the work of salvation.  First Moses doubts Pharaoh will listen to him.  Second Moses doubts the people will believe him.  Third Moses tells God he doesn't talk well enough for the job.  Each time God painstakingly explains to Moses how Moses is to respond.  Finally with the Moses third objection concerning his inability to speak well, God seems to say, "HELLO! You're talking to God!  Remember I created humankind!?  I've got it covered Moses; cool your jets dude!!" 

God doesn't become angry with Moses, no matter how many times Moses says, "Sorry God, I can't do this."   Why doesn't God get mad when Moses says, continually, "I can't do this!"  God has no reason for anger.  Everything Moses says is absolutely true.  God can only work in and through people who know, "I can't do this!"  When God calls the right answer, all the time, every time is, "God, I can't do this...", but with that response had also better come, "Here I am Lord, send me."  It isn't about us, we're cracked pots.  The treasure in us is God's, the call is God's, the completion of the call is God's. 

Our role is to receive God's gracious salvation when he enables us to choose it.  Keep (obey) the teachings of Jesus (and by extension, the teachings of Jesus Apostles), which makes us his true disciples, and as we become more and more obedient disciples we know him better and better.  When God has developed in us enough godly character then he can begin to fulfill the call which will fulfill your life, open your eyes to see God more clearly, and will fill you with an unquenchable hunger for more of God!! 

BOTTOM LINE:  Don't ever worry that you can't do what God calls us to do...YOU CAN'T, you'll never be able to, and if you could you would be God.  If God has all the answers then we don't need to, we simply need to obey.  If we do not obey, its not because we don't know what to do.  If we don't obey God it is because we have more faith in ourselves than we do in God. This leads us to Moses Principle "B"


NEXT POST:  THEORETICAL CHRISTIANITY ISN'T CHRISTIAN!  Part 2 B

The Moses Principles:
B) Why God Condemns Ignorance







No comments: